Welcome to North Eastern Police Academy ( N.E.P.A.)
The NORTH EASTERN POLICE ACADEMY (erstwhile the Regional Police Training College) is an establishment of the Govt of India, under the Ministry of Home Affairs. It is situated in Ri-Bhoi District of Meghalaya and has been in existence since July,1978. It is engaged in shaping Police Officers of North Eastern States for equitable, effective and sensitive policing. It is dedicated to teaching the police personal of north eastern states to safeguard the value of freedom - freedom from disorder, criminal acts and criminals.
The Academy is located at Umsaw Village under the Ri-Bhoi District of Meghalaya, just west of Guwahati - Shillong National Highway. A 20 Km walk towards the north from Shillong, the capital of Meghalaya, 83 Km South from Guwahati on the Shillong-Guwahati National Highway and 12 Km west from Umroi Airport. The entry point to the Academy on the main G S Road is called Umsaw Dyke. The Academy is situated just about 100 yards from the Dyke.The Academy has a beautiful sprawling campus spreading over an area of 205 acres of land at a height of 976 metres (3500 ft).
1. To impart one year basic training to the directly recruited Police Officers of the rank of Sub Inspector and DySP of N E States.
2. Design and offer a number of different types of in-service training programmes for Police personnel of N.E. States from the rank of S.I. and above.
3. Design and offer courses which will bring Police Officers in close contact with Officers of other Departments like Revenue, Judiciary, Magistracy and Customs, etc.
4. Undertakes research, survey, case studies, etc
5. Compile documents and analyse the available literature relevant directly and indirectly to Police training.